1-10020552

Electoral Commission Unfazed By Threats Of Law Suits

The Electoral Commission says it is not distracted at all by the threats of legal suits against it.

The Head of Communication at the EC, Eric Dzakpasu says the Commission has a time table it is following strictly and is poised to deliver the elections on December 7.

Meanwhile, one of the disqualified Presidential Candidates for the 2016 election, Hassan Ayariga of the APC has accused the EC of undermining multi-party democracy.

According to Mr Ayariga, the EC has no business limiting the number of candidates who want to contest the Presidential race.

He said it is wrong for the EC to disqualify aspirants on clerical and administrative errors when the same commission was found to have committed similar errors in the 2012 election.

Mr Ayariga has also joined the league of disqualified aspirants who have threatened the EC with a law suit.

In a related development, Hassan Ayariga has expressed outrage at the decision of the police administration to withdraw his bodyguards.

The police had earlier provided all presidential aspirants and their running mates with bodyguards, but the police administration has since withdrawn the detail assigned to all the disqualified aspirants.

Speaking to GBC’s Bubu Klinogo on our ‘Peace and Security Desk’, Mr Ayariga said the decision was in bad taste and a show of disrespect.

GBC


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

*