Two girls lost their lives in a fire outbreak at Tema New Town on Monday dawn.
Speaking to Starr News, the MP for the area Titus Glover said the girls aged four and 14 got trapped in the wooden structure which was serving as their residence when the fire started.
He said by the time personnel of the Ghana National Fire Service got to the scene at Zimbay Spot the structure had been razed down.
The mother of one of the girls, Mary Kwenor, said she is in a state of shock and was helpless when the fire began.
Investigations have commenced into the incident.