Police recruitment scam: Officers to ‘remain’ interdicted

All Police officers indicted in the Police recruitment scam will remain on interdiction, the Police Council investigating the incident has recommended.

The decision was arrived at when the council met the Vice President to consider a report on investigations into the scam.

The Taskforce, under the leadership and supervision of the Inspector General of Police, Mohammed Alhassan was commissioned on March 4, to expedite action into the scam and submit its report to the police by March 20.

The team completed its assignment and presented a comprehensive report to the Police administration on Friday.

A press statement issued by the Director General of Police, DSP Cephas Arthur also spelt out some other recommendations given by the Police Council under the Chiarmanship of Vice President Paa Kwesi Amissah Arthur.The council directed that the case be  “processed and …forwarded to the Attorney-General’s Office for legal directives as a matter of urgency.

It has also recommended that “internal disciplinary action should be initiated into the conduct of the officers,…without prejudice to any criminal prosecutions that may be directed by the Attorney-General’s Office against them.

The case docket is  expected to be processed and forwarded to the Attorney-General’s Office for legal directives as a matter of urgency.

The Police Administration was also tasked to take measures to sensitize and continue to educate the public on police recruitment processes so to as avoid reoccurrence of this incident.

On February, 28, 2015 over 100 men and women who turned up at various Police training institutions for recruitment, later found out they had been duped by fraudsters.

Subsequently, the Director General of Police Human Resource and Administration, COP Patrick Timbilla was put under house arrest in connection with the recruitment scam and his account was also frozen.

Meanwhile, the 27-year-old man  who masterminded the scam,  Alifa  Adams, alias Cassidy or Baaba has reportedly turned himself up to the Police. Adams, accompanied by his lawyer, flew from Kumasi to Accra, following the news report on Wednesday, March, 2015 that he had jumped bail.


Source: citifmonline.com

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *